purple layout

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March Stamp of the Month Project Tutorial 1

This tutorial has changed so many times as I was writing my outline. We are now doing a full 2 page 12x12 layout! Yeah, this happens to me a lot! But this is going to be fun and I cant wait to see what you all do with the stamp set!

So here we go! The first section is going to be about making your 3D elements (embellishments) for the layout. We will also use some Pearls here and there but the main embellishment will be the flowers.

****Remember Crafters, Clean your stamps after EACH COLOR and place them back on your storage sheet that came with the set :) Clean stamps are happy stamps

Materials I used:
  • Amethyst
  • Gypsy
  • Buttercup
  • Sunkiss Yellow
  • Garden Green
  • New England Ivy
  • Acrylic blocks for stamps
  • March SOTM
  • White cardstock
  • Fine point scissors
  • Foam squares, Tombo tape runner.
  • Stamp scrubber and spray
I set all my supplies up so I don't have to fiddle to find anything while I am working. Lightest color on top, then the darker. Coordinating colors together.

1. Starting with your lightest color, Stamp each of your base images. I start largest to smallest changing colors and stamps as I go.
2. Next, switch to your layering stamps and darker coordinating colors....and stamp!
So pretty!
Just a few roses lol! Extras are always ok :) Don't forget those leaves too!
3. Time to cut 'em all out folks! I usually sit and listen to the tv or a YouTube video while I am doing this. It can take some time, especially if you have a whole 8.5x11 sheet of paper filled. Try to cut as close to the image as possible. My fussy cutting isn't very neat but its ok :)
Now arrange your roses. Use foam squares and flat tape to add dimension and layers.
 
 
And there you go! Now we need to make the pattern paper for our layouts. Keep scrolling down to March Stamp of the Month Project Tutorial 2.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment