purple layout

Saturday, May 18, 2013

National Scrapbooking Month Dream Pop Layout 18-Left

Today's post has a small tutorial attached at the bottom. It also features the Teal/Outdoor Denim/Pink color combo (I am loving it!).



Supplies:
Dream Pop Paper Pack
Outdoor Denim Cardstock
Colonial White for accents and mats
Lagoon Exclusine Ink pad
Slate Exclusive Ink pad
Cotton Candy Exclusive Ink pad
2" Scallop Circle Punch
Love Life Stamp Set
Acrylic Blcoks
Stamp Scrubber and Spray
Scissors
3D Squares

Layout Information:
The information for this layout can be found on page 31 in the Reflections Scrapbooking Program book.


The accents were built using the Love Life stamp and cardstock. I used 3D Squares and my tape runner to add dimension between layers.

I love matting my accent pieces for a layout. The add depth, color and sometimes texture depending on the paper. But I don't always have enough paper to mat or don't always what to use a piece that large for only 1/2 in to show. So I make a fake mat on my accent piece. All you need is a piece of coordinating cardstock or pattern paper that is double the width of what you want your mat to be. I usually mat with 1/4 inch so my mat piece is 1/2x12in

The first thing I do is lay my pieces down on my self healing mat to help keep things nice and straight. Then I add my adhesive to the back of my accent piece, leaving a 1/4 in mat.



Add as many as you want!

See you all in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment