purple layout

Thursday, May 2, 2013

National Scrapbooking Month Dream Pop Layout 2-Left

Day 2 of National Scrapbooking Month. Today I have the second layout for you which is the left side of a double layout. I will post a picture of the 2 together tomorrow :)


The original layout can be found on Pg 94, I have slightly altered the pattern to accommodate to the paper.

Supplies used:
Dream Pop Paper Pack
Tape Runner
Paper Trimmer


This was my first challenging piece for this event. The main paper used has a printed accent in the top left and bottom right corners of the page. I really wanted to try to use the whole pattern on 2 different layouts so that the two would coordinate, but at the same time I needed to make sure I didn't waste anything. So instead of using both sheets of paper for both layouts, I altered the measurements slightly and cut the main pattern piece for my first layout from one sheet of paper and cut the main piece for the second layout from the second piece. Then I adhered everything to a sheet of  spare cardstock from my stash and built my layout. If I do not have a second sheet of the pattern paper then I re-work the layouts so that one portion of the paper is one focal point for one layout and the other piece is the focal point for the other layout.

I didn't do much for embellishments for today and tomorrow's layouts. The papers and colors were so busy, I was worried that it may be overpowered if I had.

If you would like the sketch for the 2 page layout please contact me. I will be happy to email it to you.

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment